Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Dance Floor for my Daughters

I am a guy. So when my daughter took up Irish Dance of course it turned into a home improvement project with lots of trips to the hardware store and lots of Internet research!

We have a large studio where I do my painting and we run Celtic scrapbooking. My Daughter needed someplace to practice her hard-shoe and we didn’t want her messing up the nice hardwoods in the kitchen. So began my journey to install a dance floor in the studio. I wanted to put in some other kind of floor anyway so it wouldn’t matter if I got paint on it. So I went to the Internet and started my research.

The first think I found was that there are several types of flooring options available for dancers. I found that while lots of folks have hardwood floors what you really need if you want to protect your knees is a sprung floor. Irish Dance is one of the most percussive dance forms out there. So, I chose to go for the sprung floor. And no it isn’t because it would be cool (although it is cool).

My next few posts will be about how I chose and then installed our dance floor.

Peace
Joseph

No comments: