Thursday, November 8, 2007

JoHanna's New Dress


In July JoHanna got the new school dress...it was not inexpensive. It is beautiful but expensive. Ok, Ok I know it really isn't expensive in the context of the other dresses she will have if she sticks with it over time. But heck it was pricey for me. Well my wife and I decided that she should have some skin in the game, so to speak, that she should have to earn the dress, more than just dancing at the level where she needs it.

Being the entrepreneurial type I thought she could do a small business to pay for it. So, it was spring. I talked with JoHanna and she was excited about the idea. we brainstormed ideas and landed on her growing kitchen herbs to sell. the investment was small (yes she used her own allowance for 'seed money'), seeds and dirt, we have a master gardener next door who has tons of pots. so seemed like a good idea. Well we planted them in a little green house in the closet with grow lamps on them and they did sprout. but it took forever! they never really did get to be a good size. Eventually we repotted them and moved them outside. Just the other day I was looking at them and thinking... humm maybe she could sell them after all. They would be winter plants for indoors not spring plants but hey she could sell them. I think I will talk with her this weekend about picking up the business again.

Anyone want to buy some parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregno, or cat nip?

Peace

Joseph

No comments: